FUUCSL LG Meeting Minutes - September 2008

From UUWiki
Revision as of 22:19, 3 November 2008 by Cyfer (Talk | contribs) (New page: FUUCSL LG Meeting Notes - 9/3/08 Present: Etaoin Barcelona, Cyfer Braess, Sofia Freenote, Bizarre Berry, Pomona Writer. Etaoin is made temporary moderator to settle two resignation offer...)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

FUUCSL LG Meeting Notes - 9/3/08

Present: Etaoin Barcelona, Cyfer Braess, Sofia Freenote, Bizarre Berry, Pomona Writer.

Etaoin is made temporary moderator to settle two resignation offers, Pomona Writer and Sofia Freenote. The previous resignation offer by tcomonk Schor was accepted and he was not present at the meeting.

Etoain offered opening words.

LG decided discussion would be recorded.

  • Communications Officer

Etoain discussed a communications coordinator. Cyfer suggest the discussion be table until the resignation issue was determined.

  • Resignations

Pomona has personal issues in RL to attend to. Resignation was accepted by the LG. LG wished her well.

Sofia clarified that her resignation offer only applied to her membership on LG and not to the position as Treasurer. The treasurer does not need to be an LG member.

  • Treasurer Transfer Issues

Discussion was started on the Treasurer question, how the transfer of funds from the old Treasurer to the new would be handled.

Decided: Funds would be transfered over time to the Treasurer avatar, FUUCSLTreasurer Byk, from the old Treasurer avatar, UU Guru, to void potential grid losses. The free will offering plates will be given to Sofia to put in place which will pay the Treasurer avatar, freewilloffering Magic.

The moderator will also have access to the Treasurer avatars to do periodic audits and for times when the Treasurer is not avaiable. The Treasurer will provide the LG with transaction logs from these avatars on a monthly basis at the LG meeting.

After this decision by the LG, Sofia withdrew her resignation from the LG.

  • Election of Moderator

Cyfer noted that officers would have to be elected to fill the emptied office of Moderator. Etaoin was nominated himself for Moderator. No other nominations were offered. Sofia moved that Etaoin be elected Moderator. Bizarre seconded. Etaoin was elected unanimously.

  • Notegiver Role

Etaoin discussed the idea of a communications coordinator to handle messaging for the church, send out weekly notices and keep track of activities.

Lilith Yue suggested giving notice rights to regular members to send notices. Etaoin tabled the communication coordinator until the next meeting and discussion of the notice rights for membership was taken up.

The suggestion that all members be allowed to send notices was thought to be potentially intrusive. The idea of just service leaders was offered, but was thought to be too restrictive. There was also a discussion of limiting it to members who requested the ability and making a new role for them. Also a review period was suggested.

Etaoin suggested a motion: "Allow any MEMBER of FUUCSL to send group Notices to all members of the" Unitarians Universalist of SL" group. This will be turned off immediately if abused and will be sunset in November 2008 if not extended"

Sofia so moved. No second. The motion died.

Etaoin offered: "Allow any <new role> of FUUCSL to send group Notices to all members of the" Unitarians Universalist of SL" group. This will be turned off immediately if abused and will be sunset in November 2008 if not extended"

Role names were discussed. Decided motion to be reformulated with the name "Notegivers" for the new role. Cyfer moved and Bizarre seconded. Passed unanimously.

  • LG Members

Discussion on how to replace Pomona and tcomonk took place.

Decided: Those who were in the previous election but were not elected would be contacted to see if interested in serving on the LG. If more are interested than members needed, the LG would select two. If less, then the LG would pick a member or members from outside that group.