Here is a list of RSS/ATOM feed readers (aka News Aggregators)
This software can be used to stay abreast of news, your favorite bloggers, your own website, the UUWiki website, etc. It's like a merging of the web and email. When a site's content changes on a site that you are watching, you are notified via an interface that is a lot like an email client. Download one and try it by subscribing to the UUWiki Recent Changes Atom Feed!
- SauceReader - It's free. There's a solid developer community supporting it, and it has a feed discovery feature that helps a lot. Just put a URL of the site into the reader's browser, and hit the "Subscribe" button. It will find and set up the feed subscription for you. Requires ".NET Framework v1.1"
- FeedDemon - 30 USD. Also a strong contender but recently started charging for software.
- Linux (all readers are free and Open Source unless otherwise noted)
- Bloglines - a web site that lets you track multiple feeds, publish your own blog, and share the feeds you like thru your own blog
- What's New with UU? - A web site that I have been experimenting with. If people like it and think it is useful I will actively support it. Any comments or suggestions regarding the site are welcome. -- JohnCooley 00:39, 17 May 2005 (CDT) The site has three main purposes:
- List Syndicated Sites, specifically provide a list Unitarian Universalist sites that provide syndication.
- Provide a News Aggregator so that people without their own aggregator (or who simply want an online aggregator) have a place to go.
- Syndicate the List of Sites for those who have aggregators and wish to check out new Unitarian Universalist syndicated sites.