OWL 7-9 Session 22: Decision-making
Questions to ask before getting involved in intercourse
- How do I feel about intercourse? When would it be right for me? Under what conditions and with what kind of person?
- How does the other person feel? How do those feelings fit with my own?
- What makes me feel I want to have intercourse right now? Is there any chance I am pressuring or exploiting them? Are they pressuring or exploiting me?
- What do I expect it to be like? What if it’s bad and I don’t enjoy it? How would I feel about myself? About my partner?
- How would we feel if others found out about our relationship?
- Do I really TRUST my partner completely?
- What if this turns in to a strictly sexual relationship and that’s all we ever do? Is that OK?
- What extra strains might come up in our relationship once we’ve had intercourse?
- How would I feel if we broke up?
- from Champlain Valley UU Society, Middlebury VT, www.cvuus.org
Return to OWL for Grades 7-9