Principles and Purposes Revision
The Commission on Appraisal of the UUA is proposing new material for one of the core documents of UUism - the Principles and Purposes of the UUA.
An initial round of feedback was due by October 16 2008, via a survey
A vote will be taken at GA 2009 in Salt Lake City, and would need to be ratified at GA 2010.
Proposals and Background
- December 2008 Commission on Appraisal Report to UUA Board with revisions based on the feedback
- Commission on Appraisal Calls for Feedback. The commission's page, with a pointer to the draft principles in pdf format
- Principles and Purposes prior to revision from the UUA Bylaws, Section II
- Commission revises UUA Principles and Purposes - an article in the UU World
- Draft revision of UUA's Principles and Purposes - an article in the UU World with the draft text in html and some background.
Description of the Changes
(feel free to help out here...)
Links to Commentary
- Unhappy with the new Principles and Purposes - summary of other posts by Christopher L. Walton.
- Philocrites' blog post
- The interdependent web blog roundup from Friday, September 12, 2008 on "cultural misappropriation" and more
Suggested changes to the draft
Feel free to share other proposals here, but make sure to also send them to the commission.